- Hi Ars Onirica! What’s the meaning of your band’s title? What’s the origin of that name? Have you changed the band’s name before?
The name was created by the past members of the very first lineup Luca Galeffi and Alessio “Agares” Brugiotti. It means “art of dreams” in latin and I think that it represents really well the atmospheres that the music transmits, I’ve never changed name.
- What genre of music do you consider your work to be? Who are your major influences?
Ars Onirca style nowadays could be described as a Doom/black metal inspired by bands such as the old Katatonia, Anathema, Forgotten Tomb, Shining, and some atmospherical prog like Steven Wilson, Opeth and Ihsahn.
- How long have you all known each other? How did you meet?
Actually Ars Onirica is a one man band, for the live gigs I have some friends that help me to bring the project on stage.
- When did you form your band? What inspired you to make music together?
Ars Onirica was band many years ago but now I’m the only member.
- Are you a member of any music organizations?
No, just some groups on facebook but nothing serious.
- What can you tell me about your instruments? (i.e., Are you subject to brand loyalty or will you play with whatever’s available? What made you choose the instruments you have now? Was it cost or was it a style/model/brand/color preference?
I play with an Ibanez Universe 7 strings but in truth I play with whatever’s available, there is no particular reason for Ibanez, I’ve just liked it and I’ve bought it.
- Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
All the venues where we played were very good, I don’t have any particular preference. So far, next show will be at Doom Heart fest on November with Helevorn and Ghostheart Nebula, but more shows will be planned.
- Which songs do you perform most frequently? Do you ever play any covers? Do you have a set playlist?
The most of the time we play the entire album, a cover that we have recently done is “Sleepless” from Anathema.
- Who writes your songs? What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs? Do you think these topics will change over time?
As a one man band I write and play everything by myself, in this album the main theme is is the sense of loss when you loose someone in your life and you can’t do anything to avoid that… you just have to try to find a way to accept your pain. In general I write the lyrics thinking about my life, I don’t think that this will change in the future.
- Could you briefly describe the music-making process?
I usually play the main idea with my guitar and I record it on the pc, building the whole song in one or two sessions, then I try to arrange better all the parts at a second time.
- What are your rehearsals generally like? Do you have a set time each week in which you practice or are rehearsals more spontaneous?
As a one man band I play rehearsals with the live musicians only when we have a concert scheduled, we just play our set-list
- How has your music evolved since you first began playing music together?
Actually is a one man band, I can’t answer to this one 🙂
- What has been your biggest challenge as a band? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
The only challenge is to create interesting music year after year
- What’s your ultimate direction for your band? Are you seeking fame and fortune?
I really hope that my music could became important for someone, and could help them to bear his pain. I’m not seeking any fame or fortune
- What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
Play what you love
- How can fans-to-be gain access to your music?
You can find the album on every streaming platform, if you want to buy it these are the links: solitude productions store https://solitude-prod.com/releases/badmoodman-music/ars-onirica-i-cold/
Soon I’ll create also a big cartel, but in the meantime you can contact me directly on Ars onirica facebook page if you want to buy t-shirts, hoodies or cd’s.
- Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge for offering financial or emotional support?
Actually I’m really happy about my deal and I have to say thank you to Solitude Productions/bad mood man music and Grand sounds promotion for believing in my music.
- Any last words?
Thanx for your attention guys, please don’t hesitate to contact me on Ars Onirica facebook page and let me know your feedbacks about I: Cold. See you on the road. Doom on!