- Hi What’s the meaning of your band’s title? What’s the origin of that name? Have you changed the band’s name before?
G R I E V E R S: No, come to think of it we never changed the name … so Grievers is the first and only name of the band. In 2008 when we formed the band we wanted a name simply short but different from all the metal bands, I remember that there was a lot of play at the play station and it probably influenced a lot the choice hahahahahahah …….
- Please list the name, age, school, and respective instrument of each band member.
G R I E V E R S: filed as by the police:
Michele Spallieri, 36, frontman
Roberto Palmiero, 30, guitar player
Andrea Prafioriti, 37, guitar player
Luca Croci, 37, bass player
Valentino De Lucia, 35, drummer
- How long have you all known each other? How did you meet?
G R I E V E R S: Michele, Roberto and Luca from 2008, Valentino join in the band form 2011 and Andrea is the last new entry del 2017, we met each other through announcements and musician friends.
- When did you form your band? What inspired you to make music together?
G R I E V E R S: the band was born in 2008 and so loving music it is impossible not to play it …. let’s say that with great luck we found ourselves the first time and find the second one!
- Are you a member of any music organizations?
G R I E V E R S: No, none of us are.
- What can you tell me about your instruments? (i.e., Are you subject to brand loyalty or will you play with whatever’s available? What made you choose the instruments you have now? Was it cost or was it a style/model/brand/color preference?
G R I E V E R S: OMG … each of us think that with the study and the passion has developed his style and based on this that you choose the instruments, dynamics, weight, sound, taste and money hehehehe, but always remember that it is the musician who plays the instrument!
- Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
G R I E V E R S: We played in Italy, Germany and Holland, upcoming concerts no we are in summer break and we will see from November 2018 what will jump out, the favorite place for the moment is still abroad in general, the bands are welcomed and followed in a different way, unfortunately, Italy is not made for metal.
- Which songs do you perform most frequently? Do you ever play any covers? Do you have a set play list?
G R I E V E R S: Of course yes, we play Pantera’s cover, Haeven Shall Burn, Archenemy the rest of the repertoire is all our own, the 4 chapters of The Eternal Pleasure Of Revenge and some pieces of Reflecting Evil.
- Who writes your songs? What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs? Do you think these topics will change over time?
G R I E V E R S: Ok it depends, in Reflecting Evil we all contributed to the writing of the texts, some written by Luca others from Syra and most from Michele, they were abstract themes while in the Eternal Pleasure Of Revenge the writing of history of concept and texts is all work of Michele.
- Could you briefly describe the music-making process?
G R I E V E R S: hehehehehe briefly is never simple especially for us who are slow, but we will try: we always start from a basic idea, an intro, a riff or a melody, we try to develop the body of the song, but almost always make changes until any note is in the right place the voice finally arrives. We were good?
- What are your rehearsals generally like? Do you have a set time each week in which you practice or are rehearsals more spontaneous?
G R I E V E R S: No! Absolutely …. we almost never try, rather, everyone studies alone and finds himself for a sequence of rehearsals to prepare live shows, time is precious!
- How has your music evolved since you first began playing music together?
G R I E V E R S: as long as you listen to Reflecting Evil and then The Eternal Pleasure Of Revenge you will find all the answers.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a band? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
G R I E V E R S: Anything is a challenge when there are more heads to make decisions, so to be reformed and having finished the second record we say that we are ready to continue, we have matured.
- What’s your ultimate direction for your band? Are you seeking fame and fortune?
G R I E V E R S: absolutely no, each of us has a job to live, music is a passion and we do it as well as we can, hoping that those who listen to us can appreciate our work as a psychic….
- What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
G R I E V E R S: a lot of insanity and dedication to music and above all choose your teammates well!
- How can fans-to-be gain access to your music?
G R I E V E R S: www.grievers.net in the home there are all the links for streaming, youtube, spotify, bandcamp etc. etc.
- Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge for offering financial or emotional support?
G R I E V E R S: thanks G R I E V E R S
- Any last words?
G R I E V E R S: of course: listen to our music and hope you like it, we will try to make the third devastating album!