1.Hi Perpetual! What’s the meaning of your band’s title? What’s the origin of that name? Have you changed the band’s name before?.
The name means nothing in particular, It’s one more among many and it’s the one we liked the most. We haven´t changed it.
2. What genre of music do you consider your work to be? Who are your major influences?
Death metal. Major influences are, death, sepultura, pantera, slayer, obituary, judas, unleashed…
3. How long have you all known each other? How did you meet?
Iván and Héctor 20 years ago, we’re friends from the neighborhood. Eloy and Borja we met them in concerts four years ago, they played in other bands.
4. When did you form your band? What inspired you to make music together?
In 2007. Gigs, live music, metal scene principally.
5. Are you a member of any music organizations?
6. What can you tell me about your instruments? (i.e., Are you subject to brand loyalty or will you play with whatever’s available? What made you choose the instruments you have now? Was it cost or was it a style/model/brand/color preference?
We are not subject to marks and we don’t have any kind of preference but Iván likes Zildjian and Borja likes Charvel guitars.
7. Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
We have performed in Spain and Portugal. Our favorite venue is the last one at the presentation party of our new album and there are no less favorites, they’ve all been great in their own way. We’re working on tour dates and we start on November 30th in Vigo.
8. Which songs do you perform most frequently? Do you ever play any covers? Do you have a set play list?
We play the whole new album and a couple of songs or three from the previous one. We don’t play covers and we a have a set list to which we make small changes.
9. Who writes your songs? What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs? Do you think these topics will change over time?
The lyrics are made by Héctor and Iván collaborate a little. Society, politics, religion. No, they’ll still be the same shit they are now.
10. Could you briefly describe the music-making process?
Borja composes something, molds it with iván and we add bass and letter to it.
11. What are your rehearsals generally like? Do you have a set time each week in which you practice or are rehearsals more spontaneous?
We have a set time each week.
12. How has your music evolved since you first began playing music together?
It evolves as much as we evolve, the essence is the same. There’s still a lot to evolve.
13. What has been your biggest challenge as a band? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Every rehearsal and every concert is a challenge. To overcome it, work and metal.
14. What’s your ultimate direction for your band? Are you seeking fame and fortune?
Fame and fortune?, that at the very least.
15. What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
16. How can fans-to-be gain access to your music?
In our concerts, our facebook and on digital platforms.
17. Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge for offering financial or emotional support?
18. Any last words?
Thank you very much for your interest.