- Hi Shadow’s Mortuary! How have you been?
– We’re doing great! Been quite busy with some gigs and rehearsing songs for the upcoming album.
- Can you talk to us more about your latest stuff (“Tulen Valtakunta”)?
– Well, Tulen Valtakunta album is our debut album and the songs were composed around 2013-2018. We wanted to play straight-forward black metal with melancholic influence and 90’s sound. Lyrics on the album are dealing with hate towards humankind and their acts in this world, anti-religious, agony and war mainly.
- Did any event, in particular, inspire you to write this album? Where did you find the inspiration for the songs and lyrics?
– Not really anything special, one black metal project did collapse in 2011 so Void started to compose his own songs and Shadow’s Mortuary and first album was on its way. Some occult literature and taking a look that how the world spins around was the main inspiration for the lyrics.
- Any plans to release a new video for some track?
– There might be coming a lyric video of some new track but we haven’t decided it yet.
- How was the recording and writing process?
– Writing process was quite long because we were not sure about what we were looking for in the beginning. When we completed the writing process, we started recording our debut album. There was a lot of learning when doing it by ourselves but in the end it did reward.
- What was it like to work with Purity Through Fire and how did that relationship develop?
– PTF has been a great label to work with. Black metal promotion channel helped us at the start from the beginning by promoting our song Labyrintti. After that, Worship Tapes contacted us that they would like to release the album as cassette and we agreed. After that Worship tapes forwarded us to PTF and then a CD version of the album was released.
- How much each musician influence the album?
-Tulen Valtakunta album is fully composed by Void but every musician had their own style to play and give some extras. Together we make the big picture and our sound.
- Any plans to hit the road?
– There is one confirmed upcoming show at Turku, Plague Gospel X – The Funeral Ceremony 11th May 2019. Hopefully, we can get to play some shows abroad as soon as possible.
- What else is happening next in Shadow’s Mortuary’s world?
– We are currently working with new songs for the upcoming album. Album recording is planned to start at summer/autumn 2019.