HI, we are a death metal band from Concepción, Chile, a little country in south America; we play this crazy music since 1997 without interruptions. Soulburner musical idea it’s a mixture between powerful and brutal riffs and melodies, a perfect trip to enjoy metal music with Swedish and American death metal influences.
We are a group of friends making music constantly; more than twenty years with no rest can talk for us. And all the Headbangers can feel this years of hard work in our 4 productions.
We are Soulburner, we are here to stay and play our music to the people till death do us apart.
2. What can you tell me about Soulburner latest album “Blessed by Fire”?
Blessed by fire its a demolishing death metal album, recorded in 2008 in Sade studio, Santiago.
With this LP you can live a really aggressive story with a powerful beginning like BLOODSHOW, but obviously you can find all the melodies that identify us like TRUE KILLER STORY, furious harmonies and lethal growls. It’s an open book to everyone, just it need being listened.
In this album we talked about reality and all reactions in the human mind produced by it. Fire purifies everything!
3. When your fans can hear something new after “Blessed by Fire”? I mean if there is scheduled some info about new album.
You can follow us in social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and all the people can hear our music in Spotify or YouTube. We are constantly sharing new musical contents to the fans. Actually, we are working ok new material for 2020, stay tuned.
4. Do you have enough of positive feedbacks about the album so far?
Yeah, the feedback it’s really positive and we are really proud about this production so that means we are on the right way.
5. Australis Records released your album, so how you can value your collaboration, will you continue with Australis Records?
We are happy to work with Australis Records, they trust in us and we can do all we want to do. It’s a great label one of the biggest in our country and that bring us some kind of confidence to work comfortably. And yes, we keep working with Australis, we got more projects for the near future with them.
6. You’ve been active as a band for close to 20 years, what helps you to continue with the music?
Music is everything to us, the perfect way to make a conversation with all the people in the entire world, is the way to protest with everyone. In this days we are living in a dissatisfied society full of injustice, hopelessness, corruption; people is tired and we are tired too, so our music is the perfect way to contact with all that kind of feelings.
So yes, we’ll continue plying music, because we will never stop shouting the truth.
7. Is it enough easy to play metal and have stable line-up in your part of Chile? Can you live from album sales?
Play metal is our life, we are glad to stay here, is not easy at all because this is not a massive music style but we know that, but the hard work always brings you some kind of satisfaction, something more important that money, this is passion, you just can’t live from album sales, at least not in Chile but we will never stop doing metal music.
About stable line – up is hard to find the stability when the people have to work in other businesses but Concepción is full of really good musicians so we are lucky for beeing playing music more than 20 years with no interruption.
8. Quite a few people have been involved in Soulburner since its inception. How did you come to find a stable, permanent line-up of members?
Its just hard work, when people see you working with seriousness and commitment they have two choices, being fully involved with this or just keep looking for another project. Discipline its the better way to make this possible, After that, friendship and tolerance.
9. Which song off of “Blessed by Fire” would you choose to play if you wanted to create a new fan of Soulburner?
That’s hard question I can offer two different options, first if you are a brutal guy just play BLOODSHOW and blow your head, but if you are more a melodic guy go for UNCONTROL RAGE.
10. Which was the band that made you go, “that’s it–I’m starting a metal band!”?
There are more than one… Bands like a A canorous quintet, at the gates, Dark tranquillity, Cannibal corpse, Carcass etc.
11. Any parting words for the readers of Metal Militia?
For sure, first things first, thanks you Metal Militia for this interview and for bring us the chance to tell our story. And for every reader we have to say: this is Soulburner, this is our life project and all of we make is for you people, so you can enjoy our work and you can feast with us! Keep supporting music makers and keep supporting metal around the world, cheers to all of you guys! \m/
Follow us in social networks!
12. Thank you for your time!
Thanks to you for your support.