Thanks, we’re doing awesome! Elbows deep into the process of making a full LP.
2. How would you classify your music? Do you agree with the reviewers who trying to describe your musical genre?
I’d say we’re closest to “Melodic Death” and that about sums it up.
3. Who are some of your top 5 musical influences?
I can only speak for myself, but personally, I’d say these are: Iced Earth, Machine Head, Wintersun, Devildriver and good old Iron Maiden.
4. What do you want fans to take from your music, just a moods, maybe some ideas and so on?
General interest in the history of piracy, that’s for sure. Also, the grooves, catchy choruses and the urge to bang your head when you blast a Vane song through your speakers.
5. Tell us about your latest release?
It’s an EP, that’s just a prologue to a larger story. Three songs with catchy choruses and some cool melodies. At least, that’s how I see it.
6. What do you love and hate about the music business?
A very complicated question, but I’ll give you a very simple answer. I love the music part, but I hate the business part. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
7. What is the best concert you have been to? What do you like most about playing live?
It’s so hard to name the best concert I’ve seen, but I think I’d have to go with my first Iron Maiden gig, Brave New World tour. They just blew me away then… what a show…
8. How have you evolved as an artist or band over the last year?
Quite significantly. From a dream I shared with Mateusz (Gajdzik), a few riffs and a vague idea for a lyrical theme, to a full fledged band with kickass musicians, a full album well in the works and a great urge to play our music live!
9. If you could meet, play a gig, co-write a song, have dinner, get drunk with any band or artist (dead or alive) who would it be?
I’d love to do this with Jon Schaffer, from Iced Earth, cause that dude is my personal hero. Had a chance to do some of that, but never got to the writing and performing part.
10. What is next for you?
More hard work on the album, I guess, and then launching our stage show upon an unsuspecting metal scene.